CSSA OFFICER ELECTIONS
CSSA SPECIAL OFFICER ELECTIONS
Each academic year the CSSA Board of Directors elect executive and special officers to represent the CSU student voice. Officers have both general and position-specific responsibilities. These responsibilities are generally listed in the CSSA Constitution. Candidates are encouraged to reach out to current officers and staff for more information.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
|Monday, August 10, 2020||Application materials available on the Cal State Student Association (CSSA) website|
|Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.||All application materials must be submitted via the ‘2020/2021 CSSA Special Officer Elections Filing Form – August Update’|
|At Respective Committee’s September Meeting (19th or 20th)||Special Officer Elections|
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
CSSA Governing Members seeking candidacy as a CSSA Special Officer should review the CSSA Constitution in addition to speaking to current officers, past officers, and CSSA staff. These positions can be time intensive and require various levels of time commitments, therefore, it is important that individuals are well-informed about the commitment they are making to serving.
To be eligible to apply, candidates must meet all requirements listed in the “ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS” section of the ‘2020/2021 CSSA Special Officer Elections Packet’, including securing funding to attend CSSA meetings. Please note the committee membership requirement.
- Candidates must submit a candidate statement of up to 500 words. Additional words will be removed from the distributed copies.
- Candidate statements must be saved as a Word document (.doc or .docx) file and submitted through the ‘2020/2021 CSSA SPECIAL OFFICER FILING FORM.’ Candidates are encouraged to use the CSSA Officer Statement Template.
- Candidate Statements, without redaction, will be provided to the public and the respective committee as part of the elections meeting agenda packet.
- Complete all required portions of the ‘2020/2021 CSSA SPECIAL OFFICER FILING FORM’
- Attach your statement as described in step 3.
- Submit the ‘2020/2021 CSSA SPECIAL OFFICER FILING FORM’ no later than Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Candidates will receive an email confirmation within 12 hours of a copy of their submission. If a candidate does not receive a confirmation, they must email CSSA Chair Diana Vicente at [email protected] within 12 hours of the time of submission.
- No late or incomplete forms will be accepted.
Individuals seeking candidacy for a 2020/2021 CSSA Special Officer position must meet the following minimum requirements during their candidacy and incumbency (if elected).
REQUIRED TRAINING & ATTENDANCE
In addition to all 2020/2021 CSSA regular and special meetings, Special Officers are required to attend the following orientations, trainings, meetings, and conferences.
ELECTIONS RULES & POLICIES
The elections process is conducted in accordance with the CSSA Elections Policy and pursuant to CA Education Code, §89305.1(e), the Gloria Romero Open Meeting Act of 2000.